Features at a Glance
New! Progressive® Insurance Boat School Booth 1600
An educated boater is a safe boater Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
SAILFEST IS BACK!
SailFest is back bigger and better than ever! Featuring the latest in Sailboats for your racing and cruising pleasure. See, board and explore sailboats from 8’ to 45’ from more than twenty manufacturers. Shop more than 100 booths of sailing related products and services including sailmakers, canvas, sailboat hardware, cordage, marine electronics, rigging equipment and services, time share companies offering large sailboats for fractional ownership, sailing schools, foul weather gear, sailing gear, clothing.
There will be daily seminars for sailors and boaters, from the beginner to the advanced.
Check the seminar schedule for the times and dates of all seminars and clinics.
See the ALL-NEW Miss GEICO Racing Boat
The six-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat.
The new Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12-ft. beam, which is 6-ft. wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed.
Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170mph. Off-season plans include replacing these engines with a set of 1500 HP piston racing engines which will enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph!
Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center
Watch, learn and do! If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in learning new techniques for taking care of your boat or motor, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free daily sessions cover a variety of topics, including keeping your boat “ship shape”, choosing and installing marine electronics and maintaining gas engines.
Watch certified marine technician and expert wrench slinger “Fred” demo tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways.
Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade your boat or motor.
Do take part in discussions, ask questions and participate in hands-on clinics
Together, “The Boating Guy” and certified marine service technician “Fred, The Outboard Doctor” bring more than 50 years of boating and “wrench-slinging” experience to the Shed.
Click Here for a complete seminar listing.
New to Boating? Welcome to the Water! Booth 2408
Interested in powerboating? Want to get started in sailing? Set your course for Booth 1805. Our new Welcome to the Water Center will help you learn how to get off the dock and onto the water. Stop by for:
- Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
- Unbiased advice on choosing a boat that suits your lifestyle and your budget
- Information you can trust and local resources to help you get started
Boating on a Budget?
When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is probably far more affodable than you realize. Be sure to check out our showcases of budget-friendly power- and sailboats you can finance for less that $250 per month.
NEW! Pets on Board Photo Contest
Does your pooch like to make waves? Is your cat a real cruiser? Share your favorite photo of your pet living the boating life to win a pet life jacket!
To enter the contest
Bring a photo of your “Pet on Board” to the Show with your pet’s name, your name and contact information (phone number or email address) written on the back.
Post your photo on the “Pets on Board” wall in the Welcome to the Water Center, Booth 2408
Judges will select the top three (3) photos at the conclusion of the show. Each winner will be awarded a life jacket for their boating pet.
Contest is open to all amateur photographers. All photographs submitted become the property of the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), will not be returned and may be used for advertising and marketing purposes. Professional photographers may not submit entries.