BOSTON, Mass. (January 16, 2020) -- The region’s largest and most anticipated indoor marine
event of the year, the 2020 Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show is a virtual pleasure
cruise for boating enthusiasts, docking February 8-16 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition
Center. Whether boarding luxurious 45-foot yachts, meeting “Salt” the life-size whale, or
experiencing the thrill of interactive casting, attendees of the nine-day marine expo will enjoy
boating activities and education for all ages, lifestyles and boating skill levels.
This year, New England Boat Show attendees will experience a completely re-imagined
exhibitor Show floor layout, paired with a more convenient Show entrance on Summer Street—
enhancements designed to simplify visitor navigation throughout the show. Attendees will still
be able to enjoy the best prices of the year from exhibitors and compare the newest products
and brands firsthand. Tickets are $16.00 for adults and children 12 and under are free. Visit
www.newenglandboatshow.com to purchase advance tickets.
Dropping anchor this year at the 2020 Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show are the
- NEW this year: the DBX EXPERIENCE (DBX), a brand new entertainment Hub offering guests boating education and inspiration via hands-on learning, dynamic demonstrations, interactive activities and entertaining speakers. Staffed by a crew of experts, visitors will enjoy short, powerful talks that will inspire on-water and outdoor adventures, along with live music on weekends in a relaxing environment. Enjoy workshops, one-on-one advice, the latest trends, and more. For the full DBX schedule, visit the website under “Things To Do”: www.newenglandboatshow.com
- MARINE CAREER DAY returns on Friday, February 14, an opportunity for the general public to find out how to launch a career in the marine industry, including complimentary admission with pre-registration. The Career Fair will provide a chance for those exploring a career in recreational boating to meet with potential employers and learn more about the important boating industry and jobs directly from industry experts from marine technicians to sales and much more.
- SALT THE LIFE-SIZE WHALE, an imaginative humpback exhibit, teaches kids of all ages about safe boating and protection of these gentle giants of the ocean.
- MORE THAN 700 OF THE LATEST BOAT MODELS are on display to browse, board and buy for every lifestyle and budget, ranging from luxury cruisers to center consoles to popular pontoons and personal watercraft, plus marine accessories and much more. Don’t miss the Queen of the Show, the largest and most glamorous boat on the Show floor. This year, the title goes to the Azimut 45, presented by MarineMax.
- BOAT SMARTS – take a seat and enjoy any one of dozens of boating seminars, from fishing tips to advice on sailing and other boating topics. Show attendees can learn to cast in giant tanks by New England’s premier saltwater fishing outfitters, Goose Hummock. Full lineup of seminars may be found at www.newenglandboatshow.com/seminars.
- PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE BOAT CLUB offers the chance to boost your boating IQ with top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship in hands-on boating courses. Plus, Progressive’s Oculus Rift virtual reality experience uses the latest technology to learn to maneuver your boat into dock - safely right from the show floor.
- KIDS AHOY- Kids of all ages will love reconnecting with that “summer in winter” feeling while browsing the largest indoor collection of outdoor fun in New England. Don’t miss the Kids’ Paddleboat Pool where young mariners may navigate through a mini lake in their own paddleboat.
- WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 8 through Sunday Feb. 16
- WHERE: Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, 415 Summer St., Boston
- Sat., Feb. 8, 10am – 8pm
- Sun. Feb. 9, 10am – 6pm
- Mon.- Fri, Feb. 10-14, 12 noon-8pm
- Sat., Feb.15, 10am -8pm
- Sun. Feb. 16, 10am – 5:30pm
- Tickets: $16 for adults; free for children 12 and under(when accompanied by an adult). Purchase tickets online at www.newenglandboatshow.com or at the box office during the show.