Features at a Glance
An educated boater is a safe boater Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
Take the helm of a virtual boat to practice basic boating maneuvers and improve your boating skills—without leaving dry land. The United States Power Squadrons® new Boating Skills Virtual Trainer (BSVT) makes learning fun! It features a steering wheel and a real Mercury throttle you use to “drive” a 20-console boat on a lake with other powerboats, sailboats, navigation aids and a marina.
Training options include close quarters maneuvering, docking and more. Instructors can adjust current and wind direction and velocity, and day/night settings to vary the degree of difficulty and challenge you whatever your skill level.
Meet Captain Dave Carraro from National Geographic Channel's
Wicked Tuna, Friday, February 19–Sunday February 21
Dave Carraro is the fiercely competitive captain of the FV-Tuna.com on National Geographic Channel’s smash hit show Wicked Tuna. Dave holds a U.S.C.G 100-ton Master License and has an invaluable 32 years experience with Gloucester Fishing Charters. Dave began fishing with his dad as a kid and has done so almost every day for the past 33 years!
Friday, February 19: 1pm to 3pm & 5pm to 7pm
Saturday, February 20: 11am to 1pm & 3pm to 5pm
Sunday, February 21: 12pm to 2pm
SailFest is back bigger and better than ever! Featuring the latest in sailboats for your racing and cruising pleasure. See, board and explore sailboats from 8’ to 46’ from more than twenty manufacturers. Shop more than 100 booths of sailing related products and services including sailmakers, canvas, sailboat hardware, cordage, marine electronics, rigging equipment and services, time share companies offering large sailboats for fractional ownership, sailing schools, foul weather gear, sailing gear, clothing.
There will be daily seminars for sailors and boaters of all abilities.