WHAT: The Discover Boating® New England Boat Show®, in partnership with Progressive Insurance®, docks an entire month earlier this year – moving from its traditional President’s Day weekend dates to January 10-14, 2024, atthe Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC). As the first boat show to kick off the New Year on the east coast, there’s no better place to escape cabin fever and get ready for on-water adventures.
Warm-weather vibes will be in full effect as the BCEC is transformed into a boating playground covering more than half a million square feet – complete with the new Discover Boating Beach Club and Indoor Paddle Pool! Plus, America’s favorite waterskiing squirrel, Twiggy, cruises to the boat show with daily performances; kids can enjoy boating in their own paddleboat on a mini lake; and attendees will have the chance to participate in fishing workshops and boating 101 courses – plus, climb aboard and shop hundreds of boats, from yachts and center consoles to pontoons and wake sports boats.
WHEN: *NEW DATES: Wednesday-Sunday, January 10-14, 2024*
Weds-Fri:?12:00pm-8:00pm; Sat: 10:00am-8:00pm; Sun:?10:00am-6:00pm
WHERE: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS: Here’s a first look at what attendees can see & do at the 2024 Discover Boating New England Boat Show:
- More boats, more brands, big sales! See & shop big sales on the most comprehensive selection of boat brands and types in New England, from center consoles and family cruisers to pontoons and wake sports boats – with boat show specials on the newest boating accessories, marine electronics and on-the-water must-haves.
- NEW! Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel – The world’s most famous watersports-loving squirrel makes her first appearance at the New England Boat Show! Twiggy will amaze and entertain as she waterskies behind a radio-controlled boat in her very own pool (Wed-Fri: 4pm, 6pm; Sat: Noon, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm; Sun: Noon, 2pm, 4pm).
- NEW! Discover Boating Beach Club – The #1 destination for the ultimate in summer vibes, including island-inspired cocktails and mocktails, live music, and various events and parties throughout the five days of the show, all surrounded by hundreds of the coolest new boats and marine innovations on the market today.
- Paddlesports Experience – Experience the fun of paddlesports in the dead of winter with our indoor paddle pool, courtesy of New England Dive. Watch on-water demos or try it yourself! On-water test rides will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Open to guests aged 10 years or older (Weds-Fri: Noon–7pm; Sat: 10am–7pm; Sun: 10am – 5pm).
- Kids can splash around a mini lake in a paddleboat or build their own toy boat!
- Jigging Techniques Tank – Pro anglers demonstrate the basics of jigging, covering types of jigs, best techniques, and the fish species you can expect to catch by jigging.
- Art of Casting Pond & Saltwater Fishing Workshops: Learn the art of casting from the experts at Goose Hummock Saltwater Fishing Outfitter atop a 30' fishing tank. Catch more tips at expert angler workshops, where anglers of all experience levels can improve their fishing game, learn proper rigging for big game fishing and offshore angling, and get the best tips on how to land a trophy Tuna.
- Free “Boating 101” education for new boaters at Fred's Shed How-To Center, presented by Progressive®, featuring a variety of daily seminars and demos cover everything from getting started to service, maintenance, updating, and operating.
- Tour the Queen of the Show and her Court of Beauties – Boat Show tradition dictates that the largest yacht at the show each year is named the Queen. 2024’s innovations across all boat types dictate a look at the Queen and her Court.
- Pursuit S 428 – Powered by quad Yamaha 425 XTO engines, this powerful center console sportfisher is built to get you to the fish, plus can accommodate you and all your friends with an industry-first second row of powered, convertible seats under the oversized hardtop.
- Tiara 43 LS – Luxury abounds aboard the 43 LS. Comfort for all with a variety of social zones, ample seating, and refined yacht aesthetics, complemented by the power and performance of twin Mercury Verado® V12 600hp engines.
- Back Cove 372 – This Downeast style powerboat is full of modern details while retaining its classic character and iconic design.
- Sea Ray 400 SLX OB – A deluxe outboard version of the Innovation Award-winning SLX 400, this state-of-the-art vessel features Joystick Piloting, Dual Digital Dash and a first-of-its-kind boat electrification system.
- Conservation Village –Discover how recreational boating is working to help sustain our planet and waters for future generations. Hosted by Clean Earth Project, an eco-friendly lifestyle brand for outdoor enthusiasts that works to raise awareness, reduce waste, and create a cleaner lifestyle. All product sales help support their beach and community cleanup initiatives and protect the environment.
- America’s Boating Club® Boating Simulator –Get “hands-on” practice in boating skills such as docking, pivot turns, stopping and more using a real Mercury throttle and steering wheel.
- Classic Boat Collection – Step back in time to admire the craftsmanship and beauty of a variety of vintage boats dating back 80 years.
- NEW! Cornhole Shootout – First annual Cornhole Shootout Saturday at 3pm. The winner will receive a prize TBD, compliments of 98.5 WBZ-FM.
TICKETS:?$18 for adult tickets purchased online at?NEBoatShow.com;?$20 for adult tickets purchased on site during the days of the show; children 12 and under get in FREE.
FREE admission for active/veteran military, active/retired first responders and USCG & USCGA members on Opening Day: Wednesday, January 10. Plus, all guests who attend on Thursday, January 11 after 5:00 pm enjoy 50% off regular admission.